Price - $80 per person
Embark on a fully-guided mountain hike across Rarotonga on the world famous Pa’s Cross Island trek in the safe hands of your experienced local guides. Learn about the flora and fauna, the medicinal benefits and history of the Cook Islands. See the raw natural beauty of our mountains with local experts.
About this activity
Duration 3-4 hours
Suitable for all ages
- Experience a conservation-focused hands on nature adventure for your soul
- Enjoy the natural scenery, fantastic views and the local knowledge of the area
- Embark on a cross island hike from north to south
- Have an opportunity to see our rare native birds and other unique fauna
- Finish off the hike at the amazing waterfall for a chance to wash off your hard work
Pa’s Cross Island hike begins in Avatiu valley with a briefing from your local guide before you embark on the climb to Te Rua Manga aka Neddle Rock. The climb itself is steep and on rough terrain. Enjoy engaging commentary from your guide about a range of unique and rare species you’ll encounter. There are fantastic views along the way and at the summit so don’t forget to bring your camera.
At the summit (Needle Rock) you’ll enjoy fresh tropical fruit while taking in the beautiful views on offer. You’ll also have the opportunity to climb 20m up Needle Rock using fixed chains and ropes to the north lookout (optional).
From the Needle Rock you’ll head down the south along a ridge then through Papua valley crossing streams and finally finishing at Papua Waterfall, swimming is optional so bring a towel if you wish to take a dip in the cool refreshing stream before having your lunch. This then concludes your tour where you’ll be returned to your accommodation to enjoy the rest of your holiday. A must do when visiting Rarotonga.
- 3-4hour hike across Rarotonga north to south
- Climbing Needle Rock to the lookout using fixed chains and rope (optional)
- Expert commentary from your local, experienced guide
- Fresh tropical fruit and lunch
- Safety briefing
- Pick Up and Drop Off